A little May progress...

I've struggled for years with my mental health, in case you didn't pick up on that.  I've been in therapy since 2016, and I've been on some kind of an antidepressant since 2006. I'm always searching for something, anything really, that works.

In the 15 years or so that I've been working on improving/maintaining my mental health, I've realized that a combination of therapy and medications work best for me. My current treatment combo is: Lexapro and Pamelor daily, and sessions with my counselor every 2-3 weeks.

And today I had an appointment with a psychiatrist and together we are working on a treatment plan. I brought up my suspicion that I have ADHD, but the psychiatrist thinks my inattention/focus problems stem from my depression and anxiety. So if we can improve said depression and anxiety, then my attention span and focus ability will also improve. 

For the first time in a Very Long Time, I feel hopeful. I feel seen and heard. I feel validated. 

Oh, and I'm working on making some Californian friends finally!

And just in case you were wondering, this is what progress on me looks like:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 things!

Once more, with feeling!

I think this is my year!